The Kerrville Daily Times is hiring an experienced leader to head its advertising department.
The primary role will be to lead the Advertising Sales team and serve as project manager for a diverse lineup of publications, including a newspaper, three magazines and numerous special sections produced by the company each year. The role is focused on developing revenues through advertising sales and ensuring customers receive excellent service.
The Advertising Director will serve as a key member of our company’s leadership team, and will alongside the publisher and other leaders, plan and execute marketing and advertising initiatives.
The Kerrville Daily Times offers a positive, team-oriented working environment and an opportunity to be involved in the community and help local small businesses succeed.
This is a salaried, manager-level position with competitive pay and bonuses for meeting goals. Benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, and 401k matching program.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Publisher Carlina Villalpando Daugherty at email@example.com.
• Train, motivate and support advertising sales representatives
• Set monthly revenue goals, tracking progress & strategizing with team to meet those goals
• Provide excellent customer service and communication to clients
• Develop new promotions, publications and marketing ideas to generate revenue
• Manage production process on all special sections to ensure they are completed on time and according to specs
• Assist with company marketing and extra community/customer relations
• Contribute to leadership team, working collaboratively with counter parts in other departments
• Previous sales and leadership experience preferred
• Self starter who can set and manage priorities
• Ability to multi-task and work under frequent, tight deadlines
• Results-oriented and able to set and meet goals
• An optimistic, problem-solving, positive attitude
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
• High level of accountability, and strong decision making and problem-solving ability
• Positive leader who can coach and motivate a team
• Knowledge of Google Business Suite, excel and able to learn computer programs