Museum visitor service: Front Desk Admissions (Part-time)
Admiral Nimitz Foundation
Founded in 1971 as a 501(c)3, the Foundation since 2005, in an agreement with the Texas Historical Commission, manages and provides financial support to the State-owned National Museum of the Pacific War to:
• Educate present and future generations about World War II in the Pacific and the continued global relevance of its lessons;
• Use the Collection to provide programs that inspire and educate;
• Enhance and maintain the quality of the National Museum of the Pacific War and its grounds;
• Provide resources to accomplish the Foundation’s vision and mission; and,
• Enhance constituency and community engagement.
The Foundation engages visitors through a variety of exhibitions and education programs to accomplish our mission. The Museum features four buildings of galleries and exhibits and six outdoor exhibit areas. The Foundation also runs and operates three museum stores and variety of multi-functional spaces.
Reporting to the Visitor Services Supervisor, the Front Desk Admissions has two main areas of responsibility: (1) to provide exceptional guest service while greeting, directing and assisting visitors, and selling tickets at the Admiral Nimitz Museum and George H.W. Bush Gallery admissions counters, and (2) they may also provide relief at the Pacific Combat Zone.
• Provide exceptional guest service to all visitors to ensure a memorable visit to the National Museum of the Pacific War.
• Complete all POS transactions accurately including opening and closing procedures.
• Complete daily drawer reconciliation.
• Provide exhibit direction and information for ease of access.
• Answer telephone inquiries and direct calls to the appropriate staff member as necessary.
• Assist with groups as needed. Utilize special queues during peak visitation periods.
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of main visitor areas as needed; restroom, foyers, exhibits, etc.
• Provide additional information to visitors suggesting membership, memorials, and special programs and exhibits. • Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas and counters.
• Maintain positive communication with all Foundation and THC employees. Promote teamwork throughout the campus.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Complete credit card and cash transactions quickly and correctly
• Previous visitor services or customer service experience
• High school diploma or GED
• Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrate proficiency on Windows environments, computer programs, email, internet, and Point of Sale systems.
• Ability to use additional office equipment; fax, copier, printer.
• Must be an effective communicator, able to listen well and speak clearly.
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods, bend and lift as required.
• Maintain proper hygiene and grooming.
• Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and occasional special event evenings.
This is a Part-time, hourly position. Hours range from 25-29 hours per week, hourly starting rate of $14.00 per hour. The applicant’s lifestyle must be flexible enough to work evenings and weekends, when required.
Please apply online at pacificwarmuseum.org/about/join-our-team or email Susan Kimbrell at firstname.lastname@example.org