Catholic School Theology Teacher
Full-Time Theology Teacher Needed
Known as OLH, Our Lady of the Hills Catholic High School is a private college preparatory high school located on 80 acres in the beautiful Texas Hill Country on the outskirts of Kerrville. Total enrollment for grades 9-12 is approximately 85 students. OLH is accredited through the Archdiocese of San Antonio, the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops - Education Department (TCCB-ED), and AdvancED. Since 2007, 100% of our graduates have been accepted to a four-year university.
With a student body composed of varied ethnic, religious and financial backgrounds, the school reflects the diverse population of the Texas Hill Country. The curriculum and extra-curricular activities are rooted in the traditions of the Jesuit and Dominican religious orders. Students attend regular classes Monday-Thursday with Fridays reserved for Independent Study and Enrichment.
Our Lady of the Hills Catholic High School is looking for a highly qualified teacher in Theology.
1. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Theology
2. Valid teaching certificate or 12 college hours of education classes
3. Technology proficiency in the areas of word processing, internet use for educational purposes, multimedia presentations, and whiteboard presentation software
4. Practicing Catholic in good standing
5. Supportive of the teachings and practices of the Catholic church
6. A commitment to ongoing professional and spiritual development
7. At least two years of teaching experience preferred
8. Ability to establish positive relationships with students, parents, and other faculty members
9. Willingness to oversee a student club or extracurricular activity
10. Willingness and flexibility to do what is needed for the successful daily operations of a small high school
11. Music background a plus
This person should be highly knowledgeable in all areas of Catholic high school Theology with the ability to teach in such a manner all levels of students learn the academic components of the Theology curriculum as well as deepen their faith. In addition to teaching 5 sections of Theology, this person will coordinate all school liturgies, retreats, and campus ministry activities.
If interested, please send your resume to:
Jeannie Hilsabeck, Director of Academics, email@example.com