Director of Marketing and Development
The Director of Development and Marketing is a dual position and this person works closely with the Principal to oversee all aspects of fundraising initiatives, donor relations, and marketing and advancement for Our Lady of the Hills (OLH). The primary responsibilities of the Director of Development are to identify, cultivate and solicit current and prospective donors for annual fundraisers, major gifts, strategic initiatives, and other funding opportunities. The Director of Marketing will lead, plan, direct and implement overall strategies for all marketing and communications on behalf of OLH. The mission and goal are raising visibility of our school, advancing its brand and articulating the message of OLH to internal and external constituencies. The primary objective of the Marketing Department is to create and communicate a compelling story about OLH. This message should lead to an increase in applications for admission and should support the efforts of the Development Department.
The Director of Development and Marketing is committed to his/her work as a God-given ministry, with the motivation to please God and bring honor to Him. This is a full-time, year-round position and vital to the position is the ability to serve as the school’s spokesperson when so designated by the Principal.
Minimum Qualifications of Employees:
All employees of Our Lady of the Hills (OLH) must meet the following criteria.
· Must support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
· Must act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church.
· Must support and adhere to the Religious Standards for Catholic School employees and policies and procedures of the school and the Archdiocese of San Antonio.
· Must be physically, mentally and occupationally capable of performing all responsibilities.
Director of Development and Marketing:
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field.
· 3-5 years direct fundraising experience, preferably non-profit.
· Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
· Develop and execute an annual OLH development plan that includes traditional and innovative strategies.
· Identify prospective donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
· Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of individual donors.
· Maintain ongoing communication with all donors.
· Manage donor relationships with a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
· Secure financial support from individuals and corporations.
· Establish and maintain a fundraising database and tracking systems.
· Achieve all fundraising goals.
· Attend, coordinate and oversee the organization of fundraising events.
· Prepare funding proposals to current and prospective donors.
· Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to donors.
· Oversee and manage data entry and gift processing.
· Maintain gift recognition programs.
· Supervise and collaborate with fundraising volunteers.
· Serve as a member of the Principal’s Leadership Team.
· Attend meetings, seminars and other training as necessary.
· Craft compelling press releases and event/fundraiser promotional materials.
· Direct a Capital Campaign with expertise.
· Assist with other related duties as requested.
· Acclimate rapidly to Our Lady of the Hills College Prep.
This position operates in an office environment, routinely using standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers and phones. In the course of performing this job, one typically spends time sitting, walking, standing, carrying, lifting (up to 20 pounds), listening, speaking, typing, reading and writing. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
· Communicate professionally and effectively in verbal and written form.
· Make sound decisions, within the position’s delegated scope of authority.
· Treat confidential information with discretion and good judgment.
· Organize and complete work in a timely and professional manner.
· Multi-task and be flexible in a dynamic office environment.
· Be proficient in standard office software applications used in daily operations.
· Develop positive and effective working relationships with administrators, employees, Board members, and others.
· Adhere to OLH policies and procedures.
· Work evenings and weekends as needed.
· Be a U.S. Citizen or have the legal right to work in the United States.
· Possess a valid Texas Driver’s License with driving record meeting insurance requirements.
· Successfully complete a background check and all required Human Resource trainings (Protecting God’s Children, Prevention of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, Blood Borne Pathogens)
· Meet federal, state and local requirements.
· Organization Name: Our Lady of the Hills College Prep
· Institution Type: Independent School/ Secondary School, Nonprofit Organization
· Job Function/Discipline: Advancement Management, Annual Fund & Giving, Education, Fundraising, Major Gifts, Marketing, Communications
· Job Type: Full-Time
· Salary Range: $45,000-60,000
· Minimum Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
· Experience Level: prefer 3-5 years
· Required Travel: 0-10%