Science Teacher Needed
Known as OLH, Our Lady of the Hills Catholic High School is a small, private college preparatory high school located on 80 acres in the beautiful Texas Hill Country on the outskirts of Kerrville. OLH is accredited through the Archdiocese of San Antonio and the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops - Education Department (TCCB-ED). Since 2007, 100% of our graduates have been accepted to a four-year university.
With a student body composed of varied ethnic, religious and financial backgrounds, the school reflects the diverse population of the Texas Hill Country. The curriculum and extra-curricular activities are rooted in the traditions of the Jesuit and Dominican religious orders. Students attend regular classes Monday-Thursday with Fridays reserved for Independent Study and Enrichment.
Our Lady of the Hills Catholic High School is looking for a highly qualified teacher in Science.
1. A Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Science
2. Valid secondary teaching certificate in Science
3. Technology proficiency in the areas of word processing, internet use for educational purposes, multimedia presentations, and whiteboard presentation software
4. Preferred practicing Catholic in good standing
5. Supportive of the teachings and practices of the Catholic Church
6. A commitment to ongoing professional and spiritual development
7. At least two years of teaching experience with a proven success in teaching Advanced Placement courses desirable.
8. Ability to establish positive relationships with students, parents, and other faculty members
9. Willingness to oversee a student club or extracurricular activity
10. Willingness and flexibility to do what is needed for the successful daily operations of a small high school
This person should be highly knowledgeable in all areas of high school science including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Environmental Science with the ability to effectively teach all levels of students from basic to Advanced Placement.
If interested, please send your resume to:
Jeannie Hilsabeck, Director of Academics, email@example.com