General Production Worker
SUMMARY: The General Production Worker completes various tasks as assigned in their designated department. Departments include Finishing, Parts, Grinding, Strapping, Upholstery, Assembly, Table Tops, Packing and Shipping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete various tasks and duties as assigned correctly and in a timely manner.
- Use only established procedures for assigned tasks.
- Inspect your work for quality and to make sure it meets specifications.
- Keep work area clean and picked upped.
- Always strive to increase productivity.
- Pay close attention to any machinery you may be operating & make sure it is operating properly. Notify your supervisor as soon as you notice the machine not operating properly.
- If at any time you are unsure what to do or use ask your supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand thoroughly the Company’s worker and work place safety policies and procedures.
- Follow all company safety policies, other polices & procedures.
- Watch for employees who are not wearing proper safety equipment or are committing safety violations, and report any incidents to your Lead, Supervisor or Manager as soon as possible.
- Notify the department Lead or Supervisor or Manager right away of any serious situation in order to correct the situation.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in accordance with established standards and quality. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to speak and read in either English or Spanish.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Posses basic mathematical skills.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Be able to ask for further direction or help when not sure of what to do or is being asked of you.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular use of hands to fingers, handles, or feels.
- Required to reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Required to stand and walk throughout day (except for seamstress’)
- May be required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required may include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Note: physical demands may vary by position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts. Occasional exposure to cold or hot weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: None.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None.
BENEFITS: OW Lee offers the following benefits to their employees after probation period:
- Medical, Dental & Vision including HSA/HMO/PPO Health Care Plans.
- $15,000 Life insurance at no cost to the employee with the option to purchase additional insurance for them and family at low rates.
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- 10 Paid Holidays
Starting at $15/hr