Admiral Nimitz Foundation Organization
Founded in 1971 as a 501(c)3, the Foundation since 2005, in an agreement with the Texas Historical Commission, manages and provides financial support to the State-owned National Museum of the Pacific War to: • Educate present and future generations about World War II in the Pacific and the continued global relevance of its lessons; • Use the Collection to provide programs that inspire and educate; • Enhance and maintain the quality of the National Museum of the Pacific War and its grounds; • Provide resources to accomplish the Foundation’s vision and mission; and, • Enhance constituency and community engagement. The Foundation engages visitors through a variety of exhibitions and education programs to accomplish our mission. The Museum features four buildings of galleries and exhibits and six outdoor exhibit areas. The Foundation also runs and operates three museum stores and variety of multi-functional spaces.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Marketing Manager has three areas of responsibility: (1) manage the project flow of the department, (2) manage day to day digital marketing and (3) support overall marketing efforts by the department with writing, design and project management.
• Management of marketing project flow
Day to day supervision of Marketing Coordinator and interns (as applicable)
Oversee routine marketing requests and projects to service client departments
Assist the Marketing Director in overall marketing planning and budgeting
Act as liaison between Marketing and Development to ensure coordination of both departments’ membership acquisition efforts
Manage email marketing
Track and report on monthly digital marketing analytics
• Management of digital assets and day to day digital marketing activities
Manage maintenance of website content
Manage projects to develop new phases or components on website
Maintain routine communication/coordination with web development vendors
Manage day-to-day coordination with digital marketing vendors
Coordinate interdepartmental management of software and apps used to market or serve other departments’ services/products/programs.
• General Marketing responsibilities o Manage routine promotional activities, including email marketing
Write press releases, ad copy, blog articles and video scripts as assigned
Assist, as needed, in Marketing Department projects and tasks
Assist with video projects as assigned
Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 4 years professional experience in Marketing, Tourism, Education Marketing, Nonprofit Development/Fundraising or similar areas
• Formal education preferred (bachelor’s degree or associate degree)
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Proven success in project management
• Proven success in supervision
• Proven written and verbal communication skills
• Proven collaboration skills
• Proven experience with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative suite
• Flexible and adaptable style
• Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the Foundation
• High energy and passion for the Foundation's mission
• Have reliable transportation to make day trips for sales calls within a 100-mile radius
• Able to lift 35 lbs. and manage equipment transport/set up independently
This is a Full Time, salaried position in the range of $50,000 to $55,000 with health insurance, sick leave, paid vacation, and holidays. A 403 (b) retirement savings account is offered.
The applicant’s lifestyle must be flexible enough to work evenings and weekends, when required.
Please submit resume with salary requirement to The Admiral Nimitz Foundation, 328 East Main Street, Fredericksburg, Texas 78624 Attn: Marketing Director, or email rahattori@NimitzFoundation.org