Reporting to the Development Director, the Assistant Development Director-Memberships manages the Foundation’s membership programs and its genealogical society, ‘The Society of Sons & Daughters of WW II Veterans.’ The Membership Coordinator is integral in attracting, retaining, and engaging individual and business members. The Membership Coordinator works closely with the Development Director to execute the Foundation’s membership strategy and is directly responsible for the management of all data and processes related to membership recruitment and retention. This position will also work with other development staff to ensure excellent stewardship for members and annual fund donors. The Membership Coordinator also works closely with the Development Director, providing any needed support in fundraising efforts.
- Manage and grow the Individual Membership Program and business membership program, using POS and CRM software to manage the member database,
- Maintain the Society of Sons & Daughters of WWII Veterans genealogical society,
- Organize and administer membership events for purposes of acquiring new members or cultivating the existing member base,
- Coordinate with Marketing to create and deliver quarterly membership newsletter, and monthly member eBlasts, as well as manage acquisition and renewal campaigns,
- Supports the Development Director as required in fundraising activities,
- Proactively identifies new prospects to support the museum (i.e., ticket buyers, event attendees, etc.) and develops initiatives to convert them to members.
- Co-lead the assessment and selection of a new CRM to replace the existing software sunsetting in early 2024.
- Provide monthly membership status reports as well as recommended performance plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Well-Qualified Candidates Should Possess:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to engage people of a wide range of ages and experiences,
- High energy and passion for the Museum’s mission,
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Database Management,
- Flexible and adaptable team player who is mission-minded
- Self-managed, able to work independently but capable of engaging with others internally as well as outside the organization in a high-performance setting.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, non-profit management, or a related field,
- Experience in marketing, digital marketing, membership management or hospitality,
- 2-plus years of similar job experience,
- Experience with Ticketing/Point of Sale as well as CRM programs.