Direct Care Staff - Crisis Stabilization Unit - $2,000 Sign on Bonus
Help us help others:
The Direct Care Worker on the Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) assists the treatment team to include Psychiatrists, RN’s, LVN’s, QMPH’s, and other unit staff with ensuring that the basic needs of people in service on the unit are met. Observes and monitors clients with regard to medication, meals, hygiene, sleeping, and behavioral needs. Provides verbal and written reports on each person in service to the Nurse in charge on each shift.
You will get to:
- Assists with the intake/admission and discharge process for people served by orienting new people to the rules and routine of the CSU.
- Observe and monitor consumer’s physical and emotional well-being and reports behavioral or physical concerns to nursing and medical staff.
- Records and maintain records of consumer condition and activity, including vital signs, eating habits, sleeping, and behavior.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and assigned training sessions. Completes required annual and/or mandatory training by due date.
- Assist people in service with meals, hygiene, and meeting with medical and nursing staff. Assist people served with their meal trays and eating.
- Facilitates and participates in recreational activities with consumers, including games, sports, or television viewing. Develops and teaches strategies to promote client wellness and independence while on the unit.
- Escort people to restricted areas as assigned and accompany consumers to and from the unit for medical, recreational and other scheduled events.
- Assist with performance of approved Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behavior (PMAB) techniques to include the use of restraint in emergency situations and where necessary to prevent injury to consumers and others at all times.
- Follows unit safety and infection control guidelines/procedures, and identifies/reports safety or infection control issues as they arise.
- Attends work as scheduled on a regular and consistent basis. Follows facility policy for time and attendance, scheduling adjustments, and requests for time off.
- Demonstrates an understanding of client rights, abuse and neglect standards, ensures that the rights of people served are protected, and reports abuse, neglect, and rights issues per facility policy and procedure.
You’ll definitely need:
- Prior work experience in a mental health or psychiatric treatment setting within the last 5 years is preferred
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- A valid Texas State Driver’s License.
- Current automobile insurance and the ability to travel when necessary.
We’ll also want you to:
- Identify gaps in processes and work closely with other departments for process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully and collect relevant information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and encourage others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Comfortable working with technology and can easily navigate new technology platforms
- Efficiently move through a to-do list and effectively prioritize and triage competing demands
- Passion for connecting individuals and families with excellent care
- Can successfully work remote
- Sustain a calm demeanor when under pressure to handle sometimes difficult situations.
- Provide exemplary customer service and care to your team.
- Work autonomously to complete assignments.
- Work cooperatively with others and be punctual and consistent in attendance because your people will rely on you!
We’re excited to provide:
- PPO health insurance plan with option to add dependents.
- PPO dental plans and vision insurance options for healthy teeth and eyes.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- 403(b) and 457 retirement plan options with company matching at 8% beginning on date of hire to build retirement savings so you can retire someday.
- Generous paid time off for fun and vacations and paid sick time for when you’re under the weather.
- Authentic and caring environment where folks care about each other.
We can pay you:
$15.00 hourly and benefits plus good karma for doing good in the world.