Unity of the Hill Country
Unity of the Hill Country was organized in February of 1976 by Kit and Mac McClure and led by Rev. Olsson. Within time Joan McKee, a Licensed Unity Teacher from San Antonino, her husband Don, and the McClures started UHC with a seed fund donation of $100.
In August of 1978, an Advisory Committee was formed, the name Unity Church of the Hill Country (UCHC), now known as Unity of the Hill Country, was chosen and an agreement was made with the Seventh Day Adventists of Kerrville to rent their building on Sundays for $25. The first service was held in September of 1978.
Unity’s 5 Basic Principles
1. God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere.
2. We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
3. We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
4. There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our connection to God.
5. Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
For more than a century, Unity has served the world with prayer, publications, and community gatherings. Today, many resources are available online to support you in your spiritual journey. We invite you to explore the following resources and use what best serves you in your own, unique path to wholeness and joy.
- Phone: (830) 896-7575